Looking Ahead to 2018
If you are a CWNC member you may have seen the report we circulated at the end of last year but I believe it’s worth another mention. As we start this year with a fantastic 2018 Board of Directors and refreshed career development topics let’s take a look back at our accomplishments over the last three years:
• Mentored over 50 women, pairing with local professionals around the Triangle, growing the program 186% year over year.
• Delivered 10 Career Workshops- (Over 38 hours of Training!) executed by professional career experts from the Triangle, with over 261 registered attendees.
• Facilitated 14 Networking Luncheons (Large & Small) with over 400 registered attendees
• Raised our Social Media Presence by 1,453 followers– a 173% increase! Thank you Marketing Team!
• Gifted $53,250 in Training, Scholarships and Stipends in partnership with ECPI, Wake Tech, Kenan Flagler, Carolina Career College, Tweens & Technology and Cisco! This includes:
This year we are poised to continue our work and make an impact on women in our community.
Our mentoring program, under Tanishia Butler’s leadership, will kick off in February with over 20 matched pairs of mentors/mentees! In addition, our organization has already secured 10 Cisco Certified Network Associate trainings to give away to qualified students this year. This work will be led by our Scholarship Board Member Tammy Scott.
We are also excited to announce the new Career Development Workshops managed by Julie Thomas (CWNC Program Manager.) Our theme this year is ReCharge, ReInvent, Re-Ignite and we kick off with a vision board exercise in February so don’t miss it. Deborah Oronzio will be working with us to create and visualize or career visions.
To round out CWNC offerings we continue with our networking events. Our small luncheons kick off this month and there are still just a few spots left so don’t delay your registration. Our quarterly luncheon will take place in March just in time for spring and we are exploring a new location for this year’s event.
We are excited to serve you and become an integral part of your career planning in 2018 so Join us, Donate, Volunteer and get CONNECTED!